Microsoft has made it easier for you to experience Windows 11 through the Windows Insider Program. you’ll easily upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 through the Dev channel without having to line up everything manually. In fact, Windows Insider Beta users can now also receive Windows 11 updates seamlessly. But having said that, if you’re someone who likes to wash install Windows, then flashing Windows 11 from USB would be an honest option. meaning you’ll haven’t any temporary or leftover files, leading to a faster and smoother experience. So if you would like to put in Windows 11 from USB, follow the step-by-step guide below.
Install Windows 11 From USB: an entire Guide (2021)
First, we’ve mentioned the way to create a Windows 11 bootable USB then the way to fresh install Windows 11 on your PC. you’ll expand the table below and move to the relevant section.
Create a Windows 11 Bootable USB
We are getting to use Rufus to make a Windows 11 bootable USB as it’s simple to use. just in case you discover Rufus needlessly complex, you’ll find other Rufus alternatives from our list. aside from that, i’m assuming that you simply have already got a replica of the Windows 11 ISO image. Now having said all of that, let’s find out how to make a bootable USB for Windows 11.
1. First off, plug the USB thumb drive into your computer. Next, launch Rufus, and it’ll automatically pick the USB device. Now, click on “Select” and choose the Windows 11 ISO image. i might recommend running Rufus on an equivalent PC where you would like to put in Windows 11. It allows Rufus to automatically pre-select the right values supported your system configuration.
2. If you’re creating the bootable USB on another computer, i might suggest you check the partition scheme of the target machine beforehand. Press the “Windows + X” keyboard shortcut and open Disk Management. Here, right-click on “Disk 0” and open “Properties”. Then, switch to “Volumes” and check the Partition style, whether it’s GPT or MBR. for instance , mine is GPT.
Note: Since upgrading to Windows 11 requires the GPT partition style, you’ll find out how to convert MBR to GPT disk without data loss via our linked article.
3. So on Rufus, I even have selected “GPT” under “Partition scheme“. you would like to settle on the partition scheme accordingly. Finally, keep everything as default and click on “START”. Once the flashing process is complete, close Rufus and plug the Windows 11 USB stick into the target machine.
Clean Install Windows 11 From a Bootable USB
1. to put in Windows 11 from USB, you would like to restart your computer. As your PC boots up, you’ll need to start pressing the boot key continuously.
Note: On HP laptops, pressing the “Esc” key during startup brings up the Startup menu. For other laptops and desktops, you’ll need to search for the boot key on the web . It should be one among these: F12, F9, F10, etc.
2. Then, press “F9” (the key are often different for your laptop/ desktop) to open “Boot Device Options”. Here, select the thumb drive that you simply created and hit enter.
3. you’ll now boot into the Windows 11 installer setup. Click on Next -> Install Now.
4. On subsequent page, choose “I don’t have a product key“.
5. then , you would possibly be asked to pick the Windows 11 edition. If you’re employing a laptop with an activated Windows, the edition are going to be selected automatically supported your earlier configuration.
6. Now, click on “Custom“. It allows you to put in Windows 11 on a selected drive. This way, you’ll not need to erase the entire disk.
7. Once you’re on the partition page, identify the “C” drive supported the drive size and click on on “Next” to put in Windows 11 on your PC. this may only wipe your C drive, including programs and files from Desktop, My Documents, Downloads — all within C drive, and can not touch other partitions.
Note: If you get any MBR-related error, follow our guide and convert MBR to GPT disk without data loss.
8. Finally, Windows 11 are going to be installed from the USB to your PC.
9. After the installation, your PC will reboot automatically. During the bootup process, remove the USB thumb drive, and you’ll be greeted with Windows 11’s fresh onboarding (OOBE) setup.
10. During the installation, if you’re on Windows 11 Home, you can’t create an offline account. you’ll need a lively internet connection to check in to your Microsoft account. Yeah, this is often one among the absurd system requirements for Windows 11. However, if you’re on other Windows 11 editions, you’ll take the offline route: Sign-in Options -> Offline Account -> Limited experience.
Note: After check in , Home users can remove the Microsoft account from Windows 11 and use an area account instead.
11. There you go! you’ve got successfully installed Windows 11 from the USB drive on your computer. Now, plow ahead and check out out all of the new Windows 11 features on your computer. It includes a replacement centered start menu, redesigned Microsoft Store with Android app support, widgets, new action center, voice typing, and far more.
Fresh Install Windows 11 From Bootable USB on Your PC
So that is how you’ll create a bootable Windows 11 USB stick and install the fresh desktop OS from Microsoft on your computer. the method is pretty almost like how we install Windows 10 from a USB thumb drive. albeit you’re new Windows installation, you’ll follow the guide step by step and obtain Windows 11 running in no time. Anyway, that’s all from us. just in case you would like to disable the newly-launched Widgets feature or disable the Microsoft Teams Chat icon within the taskbar on Windows 11, follow our linked tutorial. And if you would like to see out an entire list of Windows 11 keyboard shortcuts, we’ve you covered. Finally, if you’ve got any questions, comment down below and allow us to know.